Check-In is after 4 PM.
Check-Out is 10 AM on departure day. Please refer to the information in our online guest book for departure procedures.
Guests are required to have a valid Palmetto Dunes-issued pass for each vehicle.
The price of these passes varies based on the length of your stay:
$30/vehicle for 1-7 day stay; $50/vehicle for 8-14 day stay; $60/vehicle for 15-180 day stay.
A single pass is ordered with your reservation. If you need additional passes that you did not purchase when you made your reservation, please let us know prior to your arrival. Guests of villas with 1 or 2 bedrooms may purchase one additional pass. Guests renting a 3+ bedroom villa may purchase up to 2 additional passes. If you arrive without the correct number of passes, you or your guests will be delayed accessing your villa.
Shelter Cove Guests
- You will receive a text one day prior to arrival with gate and door entry codes.
- Go directly to your villa after 4 PM
- Car pass(es) and other information will be awaiting you in your villa.
- You will receive a text one day prior to your arrival with the Harbourside III gate code.
- Go to the Harbourside III office at 9 Harbourside Lane for your reservation packet.
- You will receive a text one day prior to arrival with directions to our office and pass retrieval code.
- Palmetto Dunes recently changed their policy such that guests are no longer allowed to pick up vehicle passes at their office. Therefore, you will need to stop by our office (1B Shelter Cove Lane) to retrieve your pass(es) before entering the resort. Other rental information will be awaiting you in your villa.
- If you have multiple people arriving at different times, you will need to go outside the Palmetto Dunes gate (we suggest meeting at the General Store) and give them their passes directly. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.
50% of total rental is due at time of booking. Final 50% balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. We accept Visa and Mastercard and American Express.
Cancellations within 60 days of arrival are not eligible for refund, but deposit can be moved to a new reservation in the same property. Cancellations with 60 day notice will receive a full refund less cancellation fee ($75).
Winter rental policies are subject to change, but require a deposit of one half (1/2) of first month rental (including applicable taxes and fees). Cancellation must be made 90 days before arrival for refund of deposit.
You must be 25 years old to reserve one of our villas.
Pets are NOT permitted in any of the rental properties with the exception of Pet Friendly designated villas. Pet policies are outlined in our rental guidelines. We allow one dog (50lb limit). Cats are not permitted at anytime. Our staff can recommend local kennels for your pets.
Bed and bath linens include 2 bath towels, 1 hand towel and 1 wash cloth per person
Bath starter amenities per bathroom – 2 rolls of toilet tissue, 1 bath bar, 1 facial bar, 1 shampoo, 1 body lotion and 1 box of facial tissue
Start-up supplies of dishwasher and laundry detergent, toilet paper, paper towels, soap, and shampoo.
Iron and ironing board
Fully equipped kitchen plus kitchen/laundry starter amenities – liquid dishwashing soap, dishwashing detergent, 1 single use laundry detergent, and 1 roll of paper towels
Suggested Items to Bring
Beach towels, beach chairs and umbrellas
Trash bags and coffee filters
Laundry and dish detergent
Wifi is offered to guests of all of our properties. Please refer to our digital Guest Information (referenced in your welcome letter) for network login instructions and passwords.
Motor homes, campers, motorcycles, and trailers are not permitted in Shelter Cove or Palmetto Dunes.
Lost and Found
Trident Rentals is not responsible for any items left in a vacation property but will make every attempt to try and recover them. If located, we will ship the items for a minimum fee of $25.00.
Guests staying at Shelter Cove properties have access to the beach at Palmetto Dunes. Palmetto Dunes offers a free seasonal shuttle from Shelter Cove communities to a central drop off point at the Dunes House. All guests must park in the designated lot in Palmetto Dunes and follow signage for parking.